No products in the cart.
2002 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet
|Year Make Model||2002 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet|
|Private or Dealer||Dealer|
|Seller Tier||Launch promotion - 0% buyer fee!|
|Exterior Color, Interior Color||Arctic Silver, Graphite Grey|
|Engine Size||3.6 liter|
|Two Pedals or Three?||Three|
|Modifications||Sony head unit|
|BwC Inspection Report?||Yes|
|Open to Trade-In?||No|
Current bid: $0
Bid to $3,650
This DreamCar will stay with its owner for a little longer, thanks to the seller and all the bidders
DreamCarXchange is pleased to offer this near stock two-owner, 2002 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet. This 996 Carrera 4 is finished in a classic Arctic Silver over Graphite Grey leather with a Black soft-top. The IMS Bearing was updated when the engine was replaced with a used unit in 2010. It includes the original window sticker, a clean Carfax, and a completed Bid With Confidence Inspection Report.
The car was sold new in Florida, and the second owner purchased it from the original owner (who was a friend of his) in September of 2007 when it had 27k miles on it. In 2002 Porsche made updates to the 911 (known as the 996.2) including increasing the engine size from 3.4 liters to 3.6 liters. This increased the HP to 320, but more importantly it has a noticeable increase in mid-range torque compared to the 3.4 liter engine.
This example has numerous factory options that include leather seats, Advanced Technic package (which includes Bi-Xenon headlights with washers, 6 disc CD changer, and the Bose Sound System), 18″ light alloy Carrera wheels, Supple leather, Aluminum/leather shifter and handbrake, and Porsche crest in headrests. Everything is said to function as intended.
The original sticker was $91,070 and is included with the sale of the car.
The car is stock with the exception of the Sony head unit.
The engine was replaced in 2010 with a used unit which was said to have 44k miles on it at the time, therefore it is believed that the engine currently has a total of 65k miles on it. The invoice for the used engine notes an “intermediate bearing update” was included.
The seller notes numerous minor cosmetic items (scuffs, scratches, dings, rock chips etc.) in addition to a broken piece of plastic inside the passenger front headlamp as pointed out in pictures. Mechanically it has some seepage from the main seal area as noted in the Bid with Confidence Inspection Report.
The seller states to have service records going back to 2006 when it had 24k miles on it. Powertech in Rockaway, NJ has serviced it since 2010. Here’s a summary of the service records that come with the car:
– Nov 2018: Replaced all brake pads and discs, cleaned radiator inlet ducts, new wiper blades, new engine drive belt, new battery.
– May 2018: Oil and filter change
– Sept 2014: Alarm control module and cab top latch
– Mar 2013: Oil and filter change, refinish wheels, refinish front and rear bumper covers, brake fluid flush, 4 new tires
– Sept 2012: Oil pressure sensor
– Aug 2010: 45k mile service including oil and filter change, cabin filter, brake fluid flush
– Aug 2010: Coolant reservoir tank, battery, installation of used 2002 engine with IMS update
– July 2008: Oil and filter change, rear tires installed, ignition lock assembly replaced
– Feb 2008: 30k mile service including oil and filter change, air and pollen filters, replacement of spark plugs, installation of two front tires
– Dec 2006: 22.5k mile service including oil and filter change, rear tires installed
The car comes with a clean Carfax and a completed Bid with Confidence Inspection Report completed by Powertech.
Overall condition is about average for what you would expect from a 63k mile 996. It has a some minor cosmetic items as pointed out in pictures, but overall does not detract from the car. The car drives extremely well relative to other 996.2's. We have service records going back to 2006 when it had 24k miles on it.
Got something to discuss?
You must be logged in to post a comment.