2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet
|Year Make Model||2000 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet|
|Location||Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey, 07849|
|Private or Dealer||Dealer|
|Exterior Color, Interior Color||Basalt Black, Graphite Grey|
|Engine Size||3.4 liter Flat 6|
|Two Pedals or Three?||Three|
|Modifications||Aftermarket head unit with Bluetooth and painted center console|
|BwC Inspection Report?||No|
|Open to Trade-In?||Yes|
|Vehicles interested in as Trade-in||Most anything|
High bid: $14,000
Bid to $14,000
This DreamCar will stay with its owner for a little longer, thanks to the seller and all the bidders
You are about to submit a bid for $, please confirm.
You are the current high bidder at $.Are you sure you want to submit this bid for $?.
DreamCarXchange is happy to share another clean 996 Cabriolet, this time a 2000 911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet. This 996 Carrera 2 is equipped with a 6-speed manual transmission and is finished in Basalt Black over Graphite Grey leather and a Black soft-top. This 996 was sold by Maitland Porsche in Florida on June 27, 2000 and according to the CARFAX has spent time in Pennsylvania, then New Jersey. The selling dealer recently purchased the vehicle from a private owner who has owned it since 2013 when it had approximately 55k miles. It now has just under 86k miles. The IMS bearing was updated and clutch replaced at 72k miles. It has a clean CARFAX and is being sold with a clean New Jersey title.
This example has a Graphite Grey interior along with numerous factory options that include Litronic Headlights, Porsche Crest in Headrest, Hi Fi Digital Sound, Remote 6-disc CD changer, Power Seats Driver and Passenger and Colored Center Caps. Everything is said to function as intended.
It comes equipped with the 3.4 liter flat 6 engine, rated by Porsche at 296 hp @ 6800 rpm and 258 lb-ft of torque @ 4600 rpm, with a redline of 7300 rpms. The IMS bearing, clutch and flywheel were replaced in 2016 at 72k miles.
Powertech in Rockaway, NJ inspected the car after the selling dealer’s purchase and completed the Bid with Confidence Inspection Report which can be found in the above tab. They stated that it was apparent that the previous owner maintained it well. In addition, they had all four tires replaced with new Sumitomo HTR Z5’s in factory sizes and refinished the front bumper cover.
The CARFAX indicates that this 996 has been maintained throughout its life by Porsche dealerships and specialist shops. Below is a summary of its extensive service history from the CARFAX, records and book stamps:
- April 2019 at 85,541 miles: Oil and filter changed, front brake pads and rotors replaced, rear brake pads replaced
- December 2017 at at 83,053 miles: Passenger power seat switch replaced
- July 2017 at 81,520 miles: Oil and filter changed, pulleys and belts replaced
- October 2016 at 77,371 miles: Oil and filter changed, rear tires installed
- June 2016 at 74,604 miles: Replace 5 coil packs
- May 2016: Replace coil and spark plug
- April 2016 at 72,910 miles: Installed used catalytic converters, new water pump, drive belt and pulley
- April 2016 at 72,370 miles: IMS Bearing update, Clutch and flywheel replaced, Oil and filter changed
- April 2012 at 54,572 miles: Oil and filter changed
- April 2008 at 46,093 miles: Oil and filter changed, pollen filter replaced
- September 2007: Recommended maintenance performed, alignment performed, wheel repaired
- September 2006: Mass air flow sensor replaced
- July 2006: Recommended maintenance performed, front crankshaft oil seal replaced, driveshaft seal replaced
- July 2005 at 40,148 miles: 30k service complete, battery replaced, two tires installed
- February 2005 at 37,959 miles: Brake fluid flushed
- October 2003 at 23,999 miles: OIl and filter changed, two tires installed
- November 2002 at 16,678 miles: Vehicle serviced
- August 2002 at 16,667 miles: 15k service, Oil and filter changed
- November 2001: Oil and filter changed
This 996 Cabriolet has a clean CARFAX, which can be downloaded from the Key Specifications table above and make sure you check out the additional pictures found in the “Pictures” tab above. The selling dealer is charging $0.00 for documentation or other fees.
The seller is open to trade-ins on this 911, so if you have a car that you would like to trade-in as part or all of your bid, click the “trade-in” button towards the top of the page to begin a private negotiation with the selling dealer regarding your trade-in vehicle and value. Good luck bidding!
Got something to discuss?
You must be logged in to post a comment.